CLARION MALAYSIA AT BANGKOK MOTOR SHOW 2014
BANGKOK, THAILAND, 24 MAR 2014: Clarion’s latest Customised Android™ Based car radio system, the AX1 is showcased at this year’s Bangkok Motor Show.
Clarion Malaysia’s Managing Director T.K. Tan said he hopes that show visitors would enjoy the “hands-on” Connected Car Stereo with the Clarion AX1.
“The AX1 is Clarion’s first full automotive grade connected car stereo that runs on an Android™-based operating system. Unlike smart phones or tablets, this device is designed to be safe for use in your car.”
Its key features include:
- Internet connectivity via WiFi hotspot
- Built-in Bluetooth for hands-free phone calls
- Infogo Music Store – an online music store with a catalogue of more than 25 million DRM-free songs, available for sync up to 10 connected devices such as Android™, iOS and Blackberry
- Infogo App Garage – where the latest firmware updates and specially curated automotive-safe applications are made available
- Smart power management for fast boot option
- Specially designed interface to ensure safety while driving
- Runs on Android 2.3.7 customized Gingerbread, the most stable platform for automotive head units
Apart from the AX1, another item that is featured at the motor show is Smart Access.
Clarion has developed the “Smart Access” cloud service for vehicles. Its aim is to offer drivers a comfortable and convenient drive by connecting vehicles with smartphones and other devices via “Smart Access”. By utilizing cloud technology, Clarion aims to provide vehicle users with entertainment, drive-related information, Internet access and a diverse range of convenience.
The HX-Series, comprising of amplifiers and speaker systems is also present as part of this year’s product lineup.
This year, Clarion Malaysia has set up a booth (numbered as D8) at Challenger 1 exhibition hall at Impact Muang
Thong Thani throughout the duration of the motor show, from March 26th , 2014 till April 6th, 2014.